FLORAL Daily Maintenance
- PICK UP POOP:   For general pick-up use plastic grocery bags that are stored in a bag in the small supply box. Please bring additional bags from home to replenish our supply.
- POOP DISPENSER BAGS:   For individual pick-up, small plastic bags are available from the POOP DISPENSER located next to the fence in the southeastern corner of the run. Replacement bags are stored in the small supply box. The key to open the dispenser is taped to the inside front wall of the small supply box.
- TRASH CANS:   Trash cans need to be emptied every day (sometimes twice a day during the summer months). Replacement trash bags are stored in the small supply box.
HOW TO DO: Remove lid, remove rubber banding around the top edge of can that holds the trash bag in place. PLEASE DO NOT LOSE. Remove bag. Replace bag in trash can, replace rubber banding around the top edge and replace the lid. If bags are not too full they can be combined. Squish air out of bags, tie tightly and take out of the run placing them next to trash cans at the entrance.
- CIGARETTE BUTT CANS:    Empty these into garbage cans.
- RAKING:    Because we use straw as a surface covering it requires continual turning over to keep it dry and spreading to keep it in place. Rakes are stored behind the large supply shed. Straw should be raked away from edges and moved uphill and/or turned over as needed. Clumps need to be broken up and spread. Keep straw out of drainage ditches. Straw that gets outside the fence should be raked up and put back in the run.
- DRAINAGE DITCHES:   Drainage ditches need to continually be dug out and maintained. Erosion occurs whenever it rains. They also fill them up with dirt and straw from the run's daily usage. Shovels and rakes are stored behind the large supply shed.
- ORDERING SUPPLIES (Phone Numbers are Listed Below):    STRAW is ordered from HICKSVILLE AGWAY sixty (60) bales at a time to defray delivery charges. When down to the last 6 or 12 bales it is time to order again. Have it delivered just south of the rotunda at the boat basin— behind the big playing fields. There are pallets located on the grass between the fence and the path for the straw to be placed on with tarps attached to them to cover the straw. The current procedure is for a FLORAL volunteer to order the straw with their own personal credit card and then be reimbursed by the Riverside Park Fund after submitting your receipt to them. Please keep all receipts for any miscellaneous expenses as they will be reimbursed in the same manner.
HOW TO DO AN ORDER WITH AGWAY:   Specify a definite date and time. Tell them you are calling from the Riverside Park Fund/72 Street Dog Run and remind them that the order should be tax exempt and they have the exemption number on file. Ask them to send the invoice to your home address to submit for reimbursement. Specify a definite date and time. Then notify the Park’s Operations Office of the date and time of delivery so they will know a delivery is coming.
- STRAW, GARBAGE BAGS and POOP DISPENSER BAGS    are brought up to the run by the Parks Department as they are needed. The run usually requires 6 bales of straw at a time but may need more depending on wear and the weather. To request delivery of any of these items call CHRISTA CARMODY at Riverside Park Fund. This must be done one day in advance so she can have it put on the book at Park's Operations calendar. Christa also orders the POOP DISPENSER BAGS which sometimes takes a while so when running low, call her to make an order.
- PHONE NUMBERS:
- HICKSVILLE AGWAY - 516.931.0342
- PARK'S OPERATIONS OFFICE/JEFF SPEICH - 212.496.2006
(This is located inside the garage at the boat basin.)
- RIVERSIDE PARK FUND/CHRISTA CARMODY - 212.870.3070 or (Cell)   917.880.0615